- One whole chicken
- One stick of butter
- Red wine, 1 cup
- Triple Sec liqueur, ½ cup
- Shifty’s Red Seasoning 2-3 oz.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pat dry chicken. Rub outside with 1/ 2 stick butter and coat with Shifty’s Red seasoning.
- Optional- stuff chicken with wedges of onions and oranges.
- Place chicken in the oven and roast for 40 min. @ 350 degrees.
- Rotate chicken in the oven and add one stick of butter, a few tablespoons of honey, 1 cup of red wine and ½ of Triple Sec liqueur to the baking dish. Begin basting every 10 min. until skin gets crispy and internal temperatures reach 170 degrees. Let stand for 10-12 minutes before serving.